5th Grade CCSS Standards “I Can” Checklists for Math and ELA
This resource includes 5th Grade ELA and MATH CCSS Standards I Can Checklists in both Autofill PDF and Google Slides® formats. The checklists include two types of pages:
- Standards organized by section, with each section marked with an identifying symbols that coordinate with the “I Can” Posters.”
- Pages with one standard and rows for 25 student names, as well as columns to track data. The student lists will autofill on every page – just type the names on one page, and they will appear on all the others. (This only works in the PDF. In Slides, teachers will need to type the names once, then copy them on the other pages.
The PDF checklists have textboxes, so teachers can type directly in the file. The single-standard pages are set up to autofill the student names on all the pages at once.
The Google Slides® versions do have textboxes, but they are not autofill. Just type the student names on the first page, then copy and paste them on the others.
These handy checklists can be used in multiple ways:
- Students can take ownership of their own learning and track their progress.
- Teachers can mark down when they have taught each standard, easily seeing what still needs to be taught or spiraled.
- Teachers can use the single-standard pages to see their students’ progress in one place. Use these checklists to quickly create small groups based on ability.
The single-standard pages are great for tracking your students’ progress in one place. Each assessment, mark down their scores in a column. Teachers can easily see student scores for creating small groups, student progress over time, and report card comments.
The pages have four columns for each standard. In these columns, students put the date and their assessment of where they are for each standard. (1 = Beginning, 2 = Emerging, 3 = Proficient, 4 = Advanced) You can have students revisit the standards so they can reassess their progress.
Save $$$ with a Bundle
The posters and checklists are also available in a money-saving bundle.