Math BEST Florida Standards “I Can” Student Checklists & Posters Bundle for 5th Grade
I Can Checklists
This resource includes 5th Grade Math BEST Standards I Can Checklists in both Autofill PDF and Google Slides® formats. The checklists include three types of pages:
- Standards organized by section, with each section marked with an identifying symbols that coordinate with the “I Can” Posters.”
- Pages with one standard and rows for 25 student names, as well as columns to track data. The student lists will autofill on every page – just type the names on one page, and they will appear on all the others. (This only works in the PDF. In Slides, teachers will need to type the names once, then copy them on the other pages.
- A summary for the grade level with the instructional and learning goals.
The sectioned pages can be used in two ways:
- As student data folders students can take ownership of their learning by marking their progress on each standard. A cover page is included that can be used for data folders.
- Standards tracking for lesson planning – note the dates when the student was taught.
The single-standard pages are great for tracking your students’ progress in one place. Each assessment, mark down their scores in a column. Teachers can easily see student scores for creating small groups, student progress over time, and report card comments.
I Can Posters
This is a complete set of “I Can” posters for Math BEST standards. The standards are rewritten in student-friendly “I Can” statements. Use these in your classroom to “frame” the lesson. Show the students what they will be learning during the lesson.
The posters coordinate with the “I Can” Student Checklists. Each standard category is marked with a different symbol, which is used on both the checklists and the posters. These symbols make it easy to students to find the standards on their checklists.
The posters are designed simply in order to appeal to older students. The clean designs are simple to print and can be printed on colored paper or card stock. The statement is the focal point of each poster.
I recommend printing these on cardstock and laminating them in order to extend lifespan.