Ancient Rome and Roman Civilization Editable Hexagonal Thinking Activity
This is set of printable and digital hexagonal thinking activities for Rome: Republic to Empire & Civilization. The activity is included in both PowerPoint and Google Slides. This activity could be used as a formative or summative assessment, as well as a review activity.
The hexagons and rubric are both editable.
The hexagons include the major terms from the unit. However, blank hexagons are included, and the hexagons are editable so that teachers can change the terms as needed.
HOW TO USE
Hexagonal Thinking can be completed with different requirements:
- Students could use the hexagons to make linear connections with different branches.
- Students could use a main hexagon and connect as many terms to it as they can (like a flower.)
- Teachers could have students create a hexagonal web after lesson one and save it. After each lesson, teachers could have students add new terms to their web.
Teachers can assess the hexagonal webs in different ways.
- Grade each team’s discussion of the terms.
- Grade the completed webs based on how many connections were made.
- Grade students’ written or recorded explanations of the connections.
- Have students evaluate how their team worked together to complete the project.
The presentations cover the major topics from the time period. Topics covered in this product include:
- This activity can be differentiated easily:
- Teachers could change the number of terms students are given.
- Teachers could reduce or increase the number of hexagons students need to connect.
- Teachers could require students to provide supporting evidence in their explanations.
- Teachers could reduce or increase how many connections students need to explain.
- Students could record their analysis of the connections using a program like Flipgrid instead of writing them.
Please see the preview for even more information and pictures of this product.