Colonial America Pick ‘n Flip Clip Cards
Are you looking for an independent activity to review facts about the Colonial America? Try clip cards! This set of clip cards includes 50 different questions related to the Thirteen Colonies and life in Colonial America.
These cards are easy to assemble and are portable. These can be used alone or with a partner. Teachers could use them in centers or as early finisher activities. They could also be used as questions for a game. Teachers can even send them home with students who need more practice!
Clip cards are a quick self-checking activity! This set of clip cards reviews information about Colonial America. Topics include:
– Identification of each colony on a map.
– Matching major products to the correct region. To make this higher order thinking, four colony choices are given instead of New England, Middle, & Southern Colonies. This forces students to make connections between the regions and which colonies are in each region.
– Matching colonies & their founder.
– Matching colonies & the reason they were founded.
On the front of the clip card is a map or an image and four answer choices. On the back, another image is shown and the correct answer is shaded.
Clip cards are similar to task cards, but the students can check their own progress. Students clip a clothespin on what they believe is the correct answer, then flip the card over and see if their answer is correct!
Clip cards can be used in a variety of ways:
– In a center
– As a partner activity – have students check/quiz each other.
– As a game – just project the card to your class screen!
– Use them for homework/parent engagement – send a set home with students.
– As an early finisher activity.
Please see the preview for even more information and pictures of this product.