This Inference Reading Strategy Unit can be used to both teach a new strategy or as reading comprehension support. This unit includes activities to introduce, practice, and assess students’ understanding of the reading skill.
Teachers first introduce a skill with notes and small or whole group practice. Students then practice making inferences with journaling activities and individual (On Your Own) practice. Finally, teachers can assess students’ understanding and application of the reading strategy with the included summative assessments.
A Full Week of Instruction – Plus Extras
Instruction for each unit is broken down into steps:
2. Practice in small group or with a partner
4. Individual Practice
There are two different pages for both journaling and assessment, so the skill could be retaught.
The individual practice pieces can be used with any book – allowing teachers to easily differentiate the lesson for their students.
2 Formats Included:
All activities except assessment are provided in both an interactive notebook format and a printable format. Teachers can choose which version they would like to use.
Other reading strategy sets are available:
– Visualizing Reading Strategy Unit
– Text Features Reading Strategy Unit
– Inference Reading Strategy Unit
– Questioning Reading Strategy Unit
– Main Idea Reading Strategy Unit
– Text Structure Reading Strategy Unit
– Summarizing Reading Strategy Unit
– Synthesizing Reading Strategy Unit
Save 20% by buying the Reading Strategies Bundle!